Compact Gigabit Ethernet Aggregator (RB009)
RB009 is a Gigabit Ethernet aggregator with inverse multiplexing and VLAN TAG function; it provides three gigabit Ethernet interfaces (2 electrical and 1 optical Ethernet interfaces) compliant with IEEE 802.3 series standard and up to 24 E1 interfaces. It can separate the Ethernet data from GE port (the carried VLAN Tag correspond to different VCG channels), encapsulate them into EoPDH signal.
RB009 is a Gigabit Ethernet aggregator with inverse multiplexing and VLAN TAG function; it provides three gigabit Ethernet interfaces (2 electrical and 1 optical Ethernet interfaces) compliant with IEEE 802.3 series standard and up to 24 E1 interfaces. It can separate the Ethernet data from GE port (the carried VLAN Tag correspond to different VCG channels), encapsulate them into EoPDH signal, and then into E1 signal; in the opposite direction, it can de-map the Ethernet data from E1 signal, aggregate them into GE port.
RB009 supports 16 VCG channels, and each VCG channel can be configured to work in single E1 mode or Multi-E1 conversion mode independently, In single E1 conversion mode, each channel bandwidth is one E1; In multi-E1 conversion mode, the maximum bandwidth of each channel is 16 E1.
RB009 can be used in the traffic convergent network, supports point-to-multipoint application; it supports NE management based on simple CLI command via RS232 type; meanwhile, it supports SNMP_V1 and SNMP_V2 protocol, supports network management platform RayView based on C/S architecture, which is easy for device configuration, management and maintenance.
With EoPDH (Ethernet over PDH) technology compliant to ITU-T G.7041, G.7042, G.7043 and G.8040 standards, RB009 can communicate with products from other vendors adopting the same standards.FeatureCompact design with 1U height, 19 inch, 205mm depth, and can be installed on standard rack
- Provides 8/16/24 E1 interfaces, compliant to G.703, and balanced/unbalanced selectable
- Jitter tolerance, jitter transfer characteristic and jitter generation fully comply with ITU-T G.823 and G.742 recommendations
- Supports E1 line loop and device loop
- Supports E1 BERT function
- One fiber gigabit Ethernet interface and two copper gigabit Ethernet interfaces compliant with IEEE802.3 serial standard;
- The copper gigabit Ethernet interfaces adopt RJ45 connector, support auto-negotiation, which can work in 1000M full-duplex, 100M full/half-duplex, 10M full/half-duplex mode;
- The fiber gigabit Ethernet interface adopts 1.25G SFP module, which can work in 1000M full-duplex mode, transmission distance is optional (depend on the SFP optical module);
- Proprietary technique (patent pending) adopted to prevent Ethernet frames from looping back in case of unexpected transmission line loopback;
- Supports unicast, multicast and broadcast frame;
- Supports flow control and broadcast storm filtering control;
- 4K MAC address table, with optional 12s / 300s ageing time configurable, the default is 300s;
- Supports MAC address dynamic learning function;
- Accepts frames with length between 64 and 1552 bytes (otherwise filtering);
- Supports port-based VLAN and IEEE802.1Q tag-based VLAN;
- Provides performance statistic for each Ethernet interface;
- Supports QinQ(Double Tag VLAN);
- Supports port rate control for LAN port
Communication with remote equipment
- In single E1 mode, it supports GFP-F encapsulation compatible with ITU-T G.7041 recommendation and HDLC encapsulation compatible with RJ017, under HDLC encapsulation, it supports framed PCM31/ unframed mode;
- In Multi-E1 conversion mode, it supports GFP-F encapsulation;
Compliant to ITU-T standards
- In single E1 mode, it supports communication with the remote RB004/RB005 converter and the equipment adopted the same Ethernet encapsulation from other vendor;
- In Multi-E1 conversion mode, it can communicate with the remote REOP series ,RB003 converter and the equipment adopted the same Ethernet encapsulation from other vendor ;
- GFP-F encapsulation , compatible with ITU-T G.7041 recommendation;
- Virtual concatenation (VCAT) and Link Capacity Adjustment Scheme (LCAS) recommendation G.7042;
- Ethernet to nxE1 mapping recommendation G.7043;
- Ethernet to single E1 mapping recommendation G.8040;
Supports hot-spare power, the power consumption is less than 20W
- Supports Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP), compatible with V1 and V2C protocol;
- Supports FTP protocol and firmware download online without disturbance of existing traffic;
- Supports remote management for RB003, RB004,RB005 and REOP, besides, it can manage the remote media converter with TS1000 protocol via RB005 or REOP;
- Monitoring the alarms and status in real-time;
ApplicationRB009 supports point-to-multipoint network application; the remote can be REOP series, RB003, RB004 and RB005 equipment, to meet the various bandwidth requirements. Each RB009 supports 24 E1s and 16 VCG channels at most. In the application, the Ethernet service of each remote user can be carried by different VCG channels, each VCG can be assigned to 1~16 E1 flexibility and the total bandwidth of the 16 VCG channels cannot be exceeds 24E1s.
- -48V DC single power access;
- -48V DC double power access;
- 220V AC single power access;
- 220V AC double power access;
- -48V DC+220V AC double power access.
In addition, REOP4/8/16 series is a 3FE+1FX or 4FE converter with one VCG channel and 4/8/16 E1, supports SNMP and CLI management; RB003 is a 3FE+1FX or 4FE converter with one VCG channel and 4/8/16 E1, supports CLI management only; RB004 is a single FE converter with one VCG channel and one E1; RB005 is a single FX converter with one VCG channel and one E1.
As shown in Figure3-1, with EoPDH and VLAN technology, the remote Ethernet service can be transmitted and converged into the service center (Router) by RB009; RB009 also supports E1 management channel, the remote Ethernet management data can be transmitted by the E1 management channel and then converged into the local RB009, thus all the management information can be controlled by the local NMS.