Optical Ethernet to E1 Converter (RB005)
RB005 is an Ethernet to E1 converter with one fiber fast Ethernet interface and one 75Ω/120Ω E1 interface*. It is
featured by ultra-compact, cost-effective and low power consumption, which is ideal for application areas such as
network access, transparent LAN service and LAN extension.
*: Note that the 75Ω/120Ω impedance is optional, which should be declared before order.
- Realizes 100M Ethernet transmission over E1 cable.
- Ethernet interface
- One fiber fast Ethernet interface compliant with IEEE 802.3u, adopts SC/FC connector, which can work in
- 100M full-duplex mode.
- Illegal frames such as bad CRC packets, runt packets (less than 64 bytes) or oversize packets (more than
- 1600 bytes) can be discarded.
- PAUSE flow control ability in full duplex mode.
- E1 Interface
- Bit rate is 2.048Mbit/s.
- One E1 interface compliant with ITU-T G.703 with optional 75Ω/120Ω impedance.
- Supports HDLC encapsulation compatible with RJ017*.
- Supports GFP-F encapsulation compliant to ITU-T G.7041 standard.
- Remote loop and Embedded BERT (Bit Error Ratio Tester) testing function.
- Necessary E1 alarm indications such as LOS, LOF, AIS and CV
- *: RJ017 is an Ethernet bridge chip produced by RAD Data Communications, Israel.
Figure 1 Point-to-Point Application