Monolithic SDH TM/PHY Multiplexer and Mapper (RC7883A1)
RC7883A1 is a low price product designed on the basis of RC7880A1; The core design and package of RC7883A1 is the same with that of RC7880A1. RC7883A1 provides three kinds of application modes: TM mode, PHY mode and MAP mode. The three modes can be configured by register.
TM mode is suitable for STM-1 terminal multiplexer; PHY mode is suitable for dual STM-1 optical line multiplexer; and MAP mode is suitable for 24 E1 Mapper. For PHY mode, the telecom-bus can work at floating mode, the C1J1/SPE control signal is added, and VC-4 interface can be provided. For MAP mode, two bus control signals are added, which is convenient for the simplified telecom bus extension. For TM (or PHY, or MAP) mode, some useless units will be inhibited.
Comparision between RC7883A1 and RC7880A1
Model Mode STM-1 E1 VC-4 interface 1+1 proteciton RC7880A1 ADM 2 24 not supported optional RC7883A1 TM 2 24 not supported necessary RC7883A1 PHY 2 4 supported not supported RC7883A1 MAP 0 24 not supported optional
- RC7883A1 is a low price product designed on the basis of RC7880A1; it provides the following three kinds of application modes: TM, PHY and Mapper.
- TM Mode
- Achieves STM-1 SDH Terminal Multiplexer for point to point network only with 1+1 VC-12 path protection.
- 24 E1 mapping units are built in, and the number of E1 can be extended to 63 via telecom-bus.
- Other functions are as same as RC7880A1.
- PHY Mode
- Provides 2xSTM-1 optical interface.
- The function of LOHP, TUPP, SEC, OH-DXC, OHI, EOW, MPI and GSIO unit are the same with that of RC7880A1
- Provides 4 E1mapping units.
- In the PHY mode, the TU-DXC unit does not support 1+1 protection.
- STB_C/STB_D can be set as TU-12/TU-3/VC-4 structure independently
- MAPPING Mode
- 24 E1 mapping /de-mapping to/from STB_C/STB_D Telecom-bus.
- The function of MPI, GSIO unit is the same with that of RC7880A1.
- The function of STBI unit is added, two control signals convenient for the simplified telecom bus extension are added.
- The function of TU-DXC is simplified, which only achieve telecom bus straight through connecting between MAP unit and STBI unit.
- The function of LOHP, TUPP, SEC, OH-DXC, OHI and EOW are inhibited
Functional Block Diagram
Figure 1 RC7883A1 TM mode
Figure 2 RC7883A1 PHY mode
Figure 3 RC7883A1 MAPPING mode
- SDH TM Multiplexer
- SDH Hub
- SDH E1 Mapper
Figure 1 SDH Terminal Multiplexer Application
Figure 2 SDH Hub application
Figure 3 SDH E1 Mapper application